It’s actually very easy to donate eggs. Once they have passed the medical exam we contact them.
- They should contact us on the first day of their period, and we will make an appointment to begin treatment. This involves stimulation of the ovaries by administering hormones through the skin. The hormones are the same ones they produce naturally, which means there are no side effects, except occasional water retention or discomfort. Our donors are very important to us and we make their donation as comfortable as possible. We do not take many eggs from them, as we prefer a gentle stimulation, which results in fewer eggs of higher quality, and is safer for the donor.
- Stimulation takes about 10 days, during which they must come in 3 or 4 times for blood tests and ecographies.
- Once the doctor decides that their eggs have matured we can fix a day for the procedure.
On that day they must fast before they come to the clinic, and they cannot use perfume, scented products, nail polish or makeup.
- The procedure is carried out by follicular aspiration via a vaginal ecography. It is carried out under local anaesthetic and takes only 15 to 30 minutes. Their stay at the clinic will be a total of around 2 hours.
- After the procedure they should rest for 24 hours and return to the clinic when their period arrives for a revision.
The clinic will compensate them as is stipulated by Spanish law, for the inconvenience and travel expenses. However, they should remember that this is maybe the most selfless act they could make, and that the happiness they may bring to another woman is immeasurable.